The company Dutch Fairphone has just launched its new mobile phone, the Fairphone 3, and as they title themselves, a mobile committed to the people of the planet.
I found this new device very interesting, I truly believe that today’s society has a real problem with the environment and that from this industry products are developed that help us solve this problem is a very important step.
It is a “fair” phone. Why? For several reasons:
- I know disassembles easily to make repairs
- Avoid glue
- Recycled and just sourced materials
- Modular design
- Commitment to fair Trade
It also offers us another series of advantages, such as:
- Security updates every quarter, being an update close to the Andorid version.
- Removable battery long-lasting, on a single charge the battery will last the entire working day and can be quickly replaced by a freshly charged battery.
- Presents a 12MP camera, in low light conditions
- TO64GB internal storage
- 5.7 inch screen
This is the third version of the Fairphone, the objective of the company is that users can keep their mobile phone for a long period of time, 5 years or even more. In this way reduce carbon dioxide emissions both from the factory and from shipments.
Most of the elements inside the modules are also replaceable. These, along with the connectors, are labeled to assist with reassembly.
Without a doubt it is a product that I consider very interesting. We must be aware of everything behind these types of devices and think about finding solutions or looking for alternatives to everything that their manufacture entails.
Did you know him? Not me, but I take note and hope that big companies like iPhone or Samsung do too.