When one considers buying a computer, the first question that comes to mind is: Laptop or desktop? Especially if we talk about people who do not have an urgent need to mobilize the apparatus. Many end up choosing simply for criteria of mobility, taste or offers. But there are a number of things that we recommend you keep in mind when buy a new computer.
If this is your case, take a look at the sales in Media Markt, there you will find all kinds of computers and discounts in technology.
Desktop or laptop?
The first thing you should consider, and the one that many already take into account because of its obviousness, is mobility. It is clear that if what you need is take your computer to meetingsWhether at work or away from home, yours is a laptop, because the desktop computer does not solve anything for you and it is not what you need. Now, if what you need is a home computer, the answer is not so simple. What is best for you? It depends. We make it easy for you.
Laptops, pros and cons
- Mobility. We cannot start talking about laptops without highlighting what we have already been saying. Their great advantage is that they can be moved. Although it is less necessary for a computer at home, it can be useful, in case our workplace changes or if we want to move it to the sofa.
- Space. They are light devices, which occupy less space than desktop ones. If you have a small apartment they are ideal, because you do not need a table to have them. You can keep them in any corner.
- Less expense. Some studies indicate that laptops use significantly less electricity than desktop computers, an expense that can save up to € 60 per year.
- Price: Currently there is a wide variety of cheap laptops and models that are adjusted to the needs of each user, so you will surely find one made to suit what you are looking for.
- Less autonomy. The issue of plugs can get you upset, especially if you move your computer from one place to another. It is true that the fact that it works without cables can be an advantage, but it also causes a headache when we run out of battery. Of course, you can always opt for a laptop that has greater autonomy.
- Low capacity. Laptops do not have the same capacity as desktop computers. Or usually not unless we buy one with a lot. That is why they are comfortable to check mail, surf the Internet but not to do big jobs or to store a lot of material. When we do they start to go slow. Performance is often less efficient than a desktop computer.
Desktop computers, pros and cons
- Cheaper. Although it depends a lot on the model, desktop computers are generally cheaper than laptops. For similar benefits, you can pay 30% less. For this reason, if you need a powerful computer, it will always be cheaper if it is a PC.
- More powerful. As we have told you, desktop computers have more capacity, the processors are usually more powerful and the ability to add extras that prolong their life is also more feasible, so they tend to last longer. Your cooling system is also better.
- They last longer. And linked to what we have said previously, taking into account their characteristics we can tell you that they last longer. Of course, it is also because we move them less and we tend to take care of them more. If you are looking for something powerful that lasts, this is the option.
- Immovable. You need a space in your house to place it. There is no place to hide it. And it should always be located in the same place. So the computer will not sell you, but you will go to it every time you need to use it.
- Constant connection. The desktop computer must not only be located in a fixed place but it must also be permanently connected. So you will always use at least one plug.
Having said that. Surely you still have the same doubt Laptop or desktop? Well, after analyzing its characteristics, the only thing we can tell you is that you choose according to your needs. That means that, if for example you are looking for a computer that allows you to work, use many programs (photo, video, design editing) and that is powerful and lasts, you should opt for a tabletop one, with what that entails .
If instead you want a computer to surf the internet, do some work in Word or check email you can choose a laptop. And especially if you need it to move from one place to another. If you are looking for practicality and comfort then you need a laptop. If you are looking for power then a desktop one.
So we advise you to ask yourself this question: What do I need the laptop for? And based on the answer, decide which device you need. Once you know look for offers and find the best one for you.